Designed for both full-time students and full-time working professionals, the Masters in Systems Engineering (MSSE) program is a course-based non-thesis degree offered by the Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering. The program is 30 credit hours with a flexible completion time of 1-2 years. The program requires seven 3-hour core courses and three 3-hour technical electives in systems engineering or other related engineering disciplines.
Tech elective areas include (but aren't limited to):
- Advanced model-based systems engineering
- Simulation, human factors, human systems integration
- Data analytics, operations research and optimization
- Autonomous systems
- Maritime systems
- Aerospace systems
- Electrical and power systems
- Transportation systems
- Engineering management, project management
What is Systems Engineering?
Systems engineering (SE) is an interdisciplinary field of engineering that focuses on how to design and manage complex engineering systems over their life cycles. These engineers are dedicated to ensuring all stakeholder needs are met in the best, most efficient way possible. SE facilitates deep integration of technical systems and helps ensure the systems developed are coherent, effective and sustainable solutions to fulfill the system needs. SE professionals work with all facets of a system, from hardware to facilities, personnel to procedures. Our systems engineering program integrates engineering disciplines with industrial and management practices. Through the program, students develop skills required in the national workforce for growing areas in the technology-driven global economy. The SE faculty at FAMU-FSU Engineering have broad experience in defense and industrial settings, making the program applicable to military and civilian engineering professionals.
Why get an advanced MSSE degree?
Getting your master's in systems engineering is ideal for those who wish to earn an advanced engineering degree. In addition to increasing your technical skills to better prepare you for the licensing exam, our program has professional development courses to prepare you for managerial roles. All three tracks will increase your earning and promotion potential.
- 30 credit hours total
- Entire program is online with no requirement to visit our campus
- Complete the degree is as little as 18 months
- All out-of-state students are eligible for a tuition reduction scholarship that will significantly offset the cost of tuition
- Accepted entrance exams include GRE
- Entrance exam waivers available for qualifying students