The GRE requirement has been waived (and extended) for all engineering master’s applicants applying through Fall 2026!
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related area as determined by the Director of Graduate Studies, with a minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade point average (GPA) in all coursework attempted while registered as an upper-division undergraduate student working towards a bachelor’s degree; or
- A graduate degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related area as determined by the Director of Graduate Studies;
- Good academic standing in the last institution last attended;
- GRE General Test Scores. The entrance exam is a university requirement that may be waived by meeting certain criteria. For exact criteria, please view the GRE Waiver Request Form;
- For international applicants, TOEFL score of at least 80 or IELTS score of at least 6.5;
- Three letters of recommendation obtained from academics or professionals who can comment on the academic and research potential of the applicant;
- Statement of purpose describing reasons for pursuing a Master of Science degree and a career in Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering