Engineering Ambassadors Network (EAN) is a new program on the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering campus. Led by the Office of Marketing & Communications, this new group of EAN student “ambassadors” will help us change the conversation about engineering to audiences on a local, state and national level.
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering is a chapter of the Engineering Ambassadors Network national professional development organization for university students. Engineering Ambassadors complete training in leadership and communication and apply this skill set in outreach primarily to K-12 students. The goal is to create connections with these students, to inspire them to see the amazing opportunities in the engineering field. We visit area schools and do other outreach related activities on campus and in the community.
Influence the Future!
Engineering students have a unique perspective and influence on many audiences, from college alumni to company executives and K-12 students. Are you interested in sharing the magic of engineering with these audiences and the public? Perhaps Engineering Ambassadors Network is for you!
Be one of the few selected to represent the Dean's Office! EANs will represent the college in many venues, including:
- K-12 classroom activities at area schools
- Press events and engineering videos
- Social media events and “takeovers”
- Engineering Outpost activities at Tallahassee community centers
- Alumni, industry and other VIP events at the college and on main campuses
- College/lab tours for VIP and community group guests
- Represent the college at the national EAN Workshops in the fall and spring
- Designing new and exciting opportunities to share engineering with the community!
EAs receive these benefits after completing training:
- Custom branded clothing
- Name badge
- Free nationwide workshop travel
- Opportunity to earn LinkedIn badge
- VIP networking opportunities
- Leadership skill-building
- Professional media & presentation training
- Swag, perks & office space
Want to Learn More?
Thursday, September 7 @ 5:00 pm (Rescheduled)
Apply to Become an Engineering Ambassador
The Ambassador Selection Process
- Attend an EAN Info Session.
- Fill out the application below, including a 30-second video about why you want to become an EA.
- Request a Faculty Recommendation. Your selected faculty member should email the completed form to Tisha Keller.
- If asked to interview, prepare a brief presentation for the selection panel (date to be announced).
- Sophomore or junior at FAMU-FSU Engineering or first/second year grad student
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Able to commit to 8-9 events each semester (1-2 hours each)
- Able to commit to weekly meetings and weekend travel to one workshop/semester
- Outgoing, people-person who loves talking about engineering