The FAMU-FSU College of Engineering is pleased to have representatives from both Florida A&M University and Florida State University to assist you on your journey to becoming professional Engineers. The Career Liaisons Team consists of Sean Collins from the FAMU Career and Professional Development Center and Jean Shortley from FSU's Career Center's Employer Relations Team. Our Career Service representatives are available to serve all engineering students and alumni of the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering.
All services are open to ALL FAMU-FSU College of Engineering students.
Big Interview and Mock Interviews
To schedule a mock interview and to practice your interviewing skills, please email Nicholas Freeman or Jean Shortley.
The Career Center is pleased to offer you a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for interviews! Big Interview is an online system that combines training and practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
Virtual drop-in career advising via Zoom is available throughout the online learning period. Follow the steps below to schedule your appointment.
- Email Nicholas Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jean Shortley at email@example.com
- In the email state your FAMU or FSU email, your major, and what we can assist you with
- In the email add three-four dates and times that you are available to meet
Connect with a Mentor
ProfessioNole Mentors, one of The Career Center’s flagship and longest-running programs, is an entirely virtual mentoring platform.
- Access thousands of ProfessioNole Mentors who are waiting to share career advice and guidance with you.
- It’s easy: just activate your mentee profile and then browse the suggested mentors with similar professional interests, select one or more and start a conversation!
Throughout the semester there will be several virtual info sessions for you to learn more about ProfessioNole Mentors. For a complete list of those info sessions and how to access them, find a Mentor.
Virtual Career Fairs
Check out this link for dozens of virtual career fairs occurring in the near future
Check out your main campus Career Center virtual assistance pages
Find Engineering Jobs
Rattler and ‘Nole engineering students and alumni have the best of both worlds: the power of two university career centers to find the next career move! FAMU’s Career Center lists jobs on Handshake and provides a filterable list of openings.
In addition, all FAMU-FSU College of Engineering students have access to the NoleNetwork job board that links students and alumni directly with hiring employers and the FSU Career Center programs. So whether you’re looking for relevant experience or preparing for life after graduation, this job board will help you. It allows you to view and apply for full-time jobs, part-time jobs, and internships; schedule mock interviews; view registered employers for FSU/Engineering Career Center events, and sign up for on-campus and virtual employer interviews. Check out the job board job widget below for a feed of opportunities available specifically for FAMU-FSU College of Engineering students and alumni.
Career Specialist, Center Liaison, College of Engineering Career
Drop-In Career Advising Hours
Students, Interested in scheduling an appointment?
- After logging in to HireARattler powered by Handshake, click “Career Center” from the top menu bar
- Click “Appointments”
- Click “Schedule a New Appointment”
- Book your appointment!
Center for Access and Student Success (CASS), Suite 309
1735 Wahnish Way, Tallahassee, FL 32310
Assistant Director, Employer Relations
Career Liaison, College of Engineering
Email Jean Shortley
Drop-In Career Advising Hours
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering, Third Floor #B301
Your Career Liaisons will assist you with the following:
- Career and Internships
- Resume Critiques
- Mock Interviews
- Professional Development
- Career Fairs
- Networking Events