FAMU-FSU College of Engineering is seeking submissions for a College mascot and name from the engineering student body. The mascot will serve as a symbol of the diversity, geography, and values of the college and foster school spirit and pride for our unique community.
Official Contest Rules and Procedures
(adapted from Roseman University of Health Sciences, 2015)
This page describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Mascot Design Contest (“Contest”) organized by the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering. The object of this contest is to design a mascot that symbolizes the College, and its community, geography and values to foster FAMU-FSU Engineering spirit and pride. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
- “Entry” means a design created by the Entrant for the Contest.
- “Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of the Contest.
- The contest is open to individuals who are current undergraduate or graduate students enrolled at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering.
- Note: Current students that enter the Contest in Fall 2020 but are no longer enrolled by the close of the Contest in February 2021 are still eligible to enter.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with FAMU-FSU College of Engineering as required below.
- Submissions are due no later than Friday, February 5, 2020 at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Entrants/Entries must follow the contest Design, Name and Conduct Guidelines.
- Entrants may submit only ONE (1) mascot design.
- Each entry should include the following: 1) signed entry form, 2) mascot artwork/design.
- Entries must be submitted at eng.famu.fsu.edu/mascot (at the bottom of this page).
- Mascot artwork/design should be original work only. Clip art/illustrations are not permitted.
- Mascot artwork/design cannot contain or combine elements from either FSU or FAMU’s branding (i.e. rattler, spear).
- The official College of Engineering colors should be used (see below).
- Mascot artwork/design should be full-body images.
- Mascot artwork/design may be created in any medium, including, but not limited to, pencil, charcoal, watercolor, vector-based, etc.
- Designs should fit within the space of an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper, with the ability to be legible at both very large and very small sizes. Computer-generated designs should have a resolution of at least 300 dpi at no smaller than 8”x8.”
- Designs will be accepted in the following formats: JPG, PNG, PDF, TIF, EPS.
- Including a mascot name with the mascot design is optional and may be incorporated into the design, or listed separately on your submission form.
- Name suggestions should not include established product, service, character or mascot names (i.e. Big Bird, Jolly Green Giant, etc.)
- Mascots must be appropriate for all ages. Mascot designs and/or names containing nudity (implied or actual), drug paraphernalia or other content deemed as inappropriate by the Mascot Committee will be removed from the Contest.
- Entrant may NOT post their submission on public sharing or social media websites, such as; Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, DeviantArt, etc. until an official winner has been announced on the College of Engineering website. Violators will be disqualified from the Contest.
- If an entrant is found to be harassing or threatening a fellow entrant, be it online or elsewhere, the entrant responsible for the harassment or threats will be disqualified from the Contest.
- FAMU-FSU College of Engineering will organize a Mascot Committee ("MC") for the Contest to evaluate the submissions by each entrant. FAMU-FSU Engineering has the final right of decision on the composition, number of MC members or appointment/removal of the member of the MC.
- The MC will decide the top five, which will then be submitted to the Administrative Council and they will determine the winner of the Contest and their design will be selected as the official mascot for FAMU-FSU College of Engineering.
- The MC is entitled to review entrant’s qualifications. If an entrant is unqualified for the Contest in accordance with the Official Rules or an entrant has made any false statement in terms of their qualifications to participate, the MC has the right to unilaterally cancel such entrant’s participation qualification at any stage of the Contest.
The winning entry for the artwork and name of the mascot will be announced on the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering website during Engineers Week on February 26, 2021 and will be notified by email.
The winner will be eligible for the following prizes:
- $300 Amazon gift card
- Student spotlight story published on the College of Engineering website
- College of Engineering Instagram story takeover & social media promotion