Start with this form for ALL events planned for the Engineering campus!
For purposes of this Event Request Form, an event is defined as a meeting, gathering or activity initiated by an organization, group or individual that is unrelated to the major university functions of teaching, research, service and administration. Events may be academic, professional, service-oriented or social in nature including, but not limited to student organization meetings, promotional tabling, 5Ks races/walks, employer or vendor presentations, festivals and carnivals, networking mixers, speaker assemblies, community service outreach and the like.
Organizations, groups or individuals both affiliated (i.e. recognized student organizations, Greek letter organizations, faculty, staff, alumni) and unaffiliated (i.e. employee organizations, community organizations, vendors) with the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering who wish to host an event at the college facility must abide by the procedures set forth by the university. The Event Request Form is designed to assist student organizations, campus departments and other affiliated or unaffiliated parties with thinking through their overall event plan with the hopes of ensuring safe and successful events on campus.
All in-person, on-campus meetings, events, and gatherings will require an approved event request to proceed. Prior to the approval of an event request at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering, student organizations and individuals are required to fill out the form linked below, and possibly the online FSU Event Permit form. The college Event Request form must be completed and approved before the FSU Event Permit form is filled out.
Please work with Ginny Fouts, Events Coordinator, to reserve space, including classrooms, conference rooms, and public spaces at the College of Engineering. Contact Ginny at email@example.com or 850-410-6431 for consultation or additional questions.
IMPORTANT! Requests must be turned in at least 15 business days prior to an event. Event requests that are not submitted at least 15 business days in advance will not be approved.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, FAMU-FSU College of Engineering has set forth guidelines and expectations for on and off campus events in accordance with both FAMU and FSU, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local, state and federal guidelines. Individuals participating in extracurricular activities or events must adhere to social/physical distancing guidelines, face covering requirements, and proper hygiene protocols. The following list highlights a few of the notable changes to event policies; however, all guidelines set forth by FSU’s Division of Student Affairs must be followed at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering. Please visit https://studentaffairs.fsu.edu/virtualfsu/student-life/event-guidelines for a complete list of procedures.
- Meetings and events should be held remotely if at all possible.
- Effective October 7, 2020, no events of greater than 50 persons will be allowed.
- The maximum capacity for indoor campus events and gatherings at the Engineering campus could be up to 50 people, space permitting with physical distancing guidelines in place. This includes large meeting and event space.
- The maximum capacity for outdoor campus events and gatherings is 50 people.
- For student organizations, the request for any in-person meetings and events must be made by the faculty advisor. For other entities, the request must be made by a faculty or staff member at the college.
- It is highly recommended that the faculty advisor discuss the meeting/event with the Events Coordinator, Ginny Fouts, before filling out paperwork
- The organization’s faculty advisor must attend the event for the entire time period requested, and be responsible for physical distancing and face covering compliance during the event. The faculty advisor may delegate this duty to a volunteer staff or faculty member.
- Physical distancing of at least six feet must be maintained for all indoor and outdoor events and gatherings.
- All classrooms have been set up for social distancing. No furniture should be moved, even temporarily.
- Exterior doors cannot be propped open. With the building locked, someone in your group with swipe access will need to meet and allow participants to enter the building.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor facilities on campus. Face coverings are also required at outdoor events and any outdoor venue where six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Food and drink cannot be provided at any indoor event. For outdoor events, food is permitted that is procured from a licensed vendor and portions are individually wrapped/boxed by the vendor. No homemade, buffet, self-service or volunteer-served food may be distributed.
- Tabling is not permitted until further notice, as it is an event type that is not conducive to social distancing.
Once your event is approved by the college, you MAY need to submit an FSU event permit. If our email indicates that you need additional permitting, these are the links that we will provide: