Skip to Content
Pre-College Summer Camps
Aspiring Engineers Inspiring to Make a Difference (AEIMD)
- 1 Week long, summer science camp designed to introduce teenagers aged 12-16 (Middle-High School) to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) related fields and to promote the recruitment of minorities into science majors.
- Dates: June 9 – June 13, 2014
- Lunch is provided
- Educational Field Trip Included
- Taught by Graduate Engineers
- Camp hours: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Fee: $125
- Contact: Obie Abakporo (206) 354-1798
- Website: aeimd.yolasite.com
- Our week long, science-themed camps feature hands-on activities led by experienced educators.
- Open to students who have completed Kindergarten through 6th grade all dates with special camps for grades 6-8 during weeks listed.
- Each camp group contains at least one certified teacher.
- Guaranteed focused attention with a ratio of at least one adult for every eight children.
- Dates: Jun 2 - Aug 16, 2014 (9:00 am-4:00 pm); Middle school camps Jun 23- Aug 1, 2014
- Extended care available from 8:00 am-9:00 am and 4:00 pm -6:00 pm)
- Fee: $180 per week * plus additional lab/activity fees and extended care fees where applicable
- $170* per week for additional weeks or siblings
- $162* per week for family membership members
- Contact: Email Susan Borland (850) 645-7827 - http://www.challengertlh.com/Camps/camps_index.html
- Dates: June 6, 2016 - June 30, 2016
- Alternative Energy | June 6-10, 2016
The Alternative Energy camp is a 5-day academic camp that introduces rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders to energy and power concepts in clean renewable energy. The focus is on fuel cell technology and solar photovoltaic systems. Students will gain knowledge about the conservation of energy and power the importance of being an energy-independent society. Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The cost is $125 which includes materials, supplies and an exciting field trip.
- Robotics | June 13-17, 2016
The Robotics camp is a 5-day academic camp that introduces rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders to concepts in mechanical design, mathematics, physics, and programming through designing and building robots using the VEX Robotics Design curriculum. Students will use the engineering design process to design and build robots and compete in mini-competitions. Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The cost is $125 which includes materials, supplies and an exciting field trip.
- Circuit Design | June 20-24, 2016
The Robotics camp is a 5-day academic camp that introduces rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders to some basic principles in Electrical Engineering. Topics include power systems, electronics, digital systems and communication systems. Participants gain knowledge about voltage, resistance, current, digital logic and wireless communications. Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The cost is $125 which includes materials, supplies and an exciting field trip.
- STEM Career Exploration | June 27-30, 2016
The STEM Career Exploration camp is a 4-day academic camp designed to provide broad exposure to various careers in STEM including the use of technology in healthcare, agricultural engineering, and watershed sciences. Rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders will participate in engaging hands-on activities. Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The cost is $100 which includes materials and supplies.
- Applications will be accepted only from Tallahassee area high school students.
- Contact: Email Dr. Shonda Bernadin (Site Director) (850) 410-6393
- To Register